Your booking to attend the Animal Blessing service is confirmed.
You will shortly receive an email with further information, including the instructions given below. You do not need a ticket. Your name will be checked at the gate. Please arrive at the Education Garden near the south door of the Minster in good time
Instructions for attending the Animal Blessing Service
- You are not required to wear a face mask or other face covering, but may do so if you wish.
- Entry for those bringing small or medium pets is via the gate to the Education Garden near the south door of the Minster. Ramped access is available for those in need of it.
- Entry for those bringing large animals, e.g. a horse or donkey, is via the paddock gate down Memorial Drive (opposite the side entrance to Southwell Town Bowls Club)
- The service will be held outside in the Education Garden regardless of the weather so please dress appropriately for the conditions.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided as you arrive and exit.
- Give your name to the verger on duty at the gate, who will confirm details.
- The Order of Service will be available to download and print at home in the days leading up to the service. Please download from the Animal Blessing Service page. Please take your copy home with you afterwards and do not share it with others. A small number of copies will be available on the day but again, please take these home with you after the service.
- We encourage worshippers who are willing and able to do so to download orders of service onto a portable device, to save paper and reduce the risk of infection. If you would like to subscribe for email updates from the Minster, including copies of Pew News, please email email@example.com
- Always observe social distancing (minimum 2 metres).
- Animals should be kept on leads or contained safely wherever possible.
- Chairs are unable to be provided so please bring your own fold-up chair or blanket to sit on.
- Children and pets must always be supervised.
- A toilet will be available; please inform one of the vergers if you need to use it.
- There will be no physical collection taken, but envelopes/cash may be deposited in the donation box as you arrive, or preferably online via the Animal Blessing Service page. All proceeds will be split between Southwell Minster and Halfway Home Dog Rescue
- After the service, please leave quickly. We ask that you do not gather in the gateways or on the path.
- Please be responsible and clear up after your pets
- A photographer may be present to take images for the marketing of Southwell Minster. If you do not wish to appear in any photographs, please make yourself known to the photographer who will be wearing a hi-viz jacket.