In October, the Chapter House at Southwell Minster will be transformed into a magical forest full of mysterious and mystical creatures and plants. We want you to help fill our forest by designing your own magical plant, person or creature.
Talking trees, chocolate dragons and fairies with rainbow wings …
Who do you think would live in a wondrous woodland?
Inspired by the Leaves of Southwell carvings, we invite anyone aged 3+ to let their imagination run wild and create a fantastic creature or plant! Download our entry sheet to begin your creation!
You can use any artistic medium you would like. This includes, drawing and colouring with pencils or felt tips, painting or even a multi media collage with pieces from a magazine.
Age Categories: 3 -5, 6 – 8, 9 – 11, 11+, Adult
Prizes: The winning entry of each age category will receive a £25 voucher to spend in the Cathedral Shop or Refectory! There will also be a prize for the overall winning entry which will be carved in stone and displayed alongside the Leaves of Southwell carvings in the Chapter House.
All entries sent to us will be displayed in our Magical Forest exhibition in October.
You can submit your entries by:
- Emailing photographs or scanned images to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posting your entry to:
Education team Southwell Minster,
Jubilee House, 8 Westgate, Southwell, Nottinghamshire NG25 0JH
- Droping your entry off at the Welcome Desk in Southwell Minster
Terms and Conditions
- This Competition is open to persons aged 3+, split into the following age groups, 3-5, 6-8, 9 -11, 11+ and adult. All entrants under the age of 16 must have parental permission.
- The Competition opens from 1st July 2022 and closes 12th September 2022 at 11.59pm. After this date, no entries will be accepted.
- Entry is limited to 3 per person.
- Please include your name, age and contact information when you submit your entry.
- The Competition is free to enter.
- To enter this Competition, you must submit your entry via a number of options whichever you deem best. You can send us a photo or scan your entry and email the photo to us via the email address email@example.com. You can also post or drop your entry into our offices at Jubilee House, 8 Westgate, Southwell, Nottingham. NG25 0JH
- By entering this competition, the entrant agrees that their artwork can be included in Leaves of Southwell’s Magical Forest exhibition, as well as on the Minster’s social media channels and website and for any other relevant marketing purposes.
- The winning entries will be announced in October via the Minster’s website and social media channels.
- The winners of each age category and overall winner will be selected by Southwell Minster’s Head Gardener within 2 weeks of the closing date.
- The winners will be contacted directly via their submitted contact details.