Join us for a friendly and gentle exploration of the landscape around Southwell Minster to observe the natural world and the historic environment. Taking inspiration from the naturalistic leaf carvings in the 13th century Chapter House, this morning’s ramble will visit some of the sites around the Minster, within and beyond what used to be the Archbishop of York’s deer park.
Starting in the Chapter House of Southwell Minster, the route will be the same each week, with some potential variations due to site access restrictions.
Booking essential, please click a date below to go to the booking page:
Tuesday 3 August
Tuesday 10 August
Tuesday 17 August
Tuesday 24 August
The walks will set out from the Chapter House in the Minster and will follow the below plan:
- 10am meet – 1pm finish (approx.)
- 3 to 4 miles depending on route.
- Please wear clothes and shoes suitable for walking over rough terrain and overgrown footpaths.
- One stile to be climbed.
- Suitable for older children who enjoy walking!
- Well-behaved sociable dogs on leads are welcome to join us on the walk but only assistance dogs are allowed in the Minster itself.
Although the walks are free, we would welcome any donations, no matter how large or small. All donations received will go towards the Leaves of Southwell project, specifically the redevelopment of the Palace Gardens for future generations to enjoy. To make a donation, please click here.