Picture above – Local school children form a human chain in support of the Jubilee Debt Campaign.
The Justice Action Group works on behalf of the Minster in its calling to love our neighbour and care for God’s creation. We are currently acting on:
• INTERNATIONAL POVERTY working with Christian Aid, the Fairtrade Foundation and the Jubilee Debt Campaign
• NATIONAL POVERTY with Church Action on Poverty, the Trussell Trust, Newark Foodbank and Nottingham Credit Union
• HOMELESSNESS, linking with the Framework Housing Association
• MODERN SLAVERY with Hope for Justice and the Clewer Initiative
• CLIMATE CHANGE with A Rocha UK
• REFUGEES and ASYLUM SEEKERS with Nottingham and Notts Refugee Forum
• RACIAL JUSTICE with the Diocese
• ENVIRONMENT ACTION
We work in partnership with national and local charities, the Diocese of Southwell and Nottingham and Churches Together in Southwell. The Minster is an Eco Cathedral and has an active Fairtrade Policy and Strategy.
For more information, to join the group or get involved, please contact Canon Vincent Ashwin: email@example.com