We're delighted to be able to offer a series of Open Days where you can come and explore Southwell Minster and The Archbishop's Palace. We'll also be giving special Tower Tours once again where you can view the ringing chamber and bells, and if the weather is dry we can take you onto the roof, where after climbing almost 200 steps, you’ll be treated to a bird’s eye view of Southwell and the surrounding countryside that you’ll not find anywhere else!
Tour dates and times
- *Bank Holiday Monday 13 April, 11am-3pm inclusive
- Sunday 26 April, BBC Radio Nottingham’s Big Day Out, FREE Tower and Archbishop’s Palace tours, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm
- *Bank Holiday Friday 8 May, 11am, 12pm, 2pm, 3pm
- *Bank Holiday Monday 25 May, 11am-3pm inclusive
- Saturday 25 July, Tower Tours, 11am-2pm inclusive. Minster tours every half hour from 10am-3pm inclusive
- *Bank Holiday Monday 31 August, 11am-3pm inclusive
- Saturday 12 September Heritage Open Day, Tower Tours, 11am-3pm inclusive. FREE Minster Tours every half hour from 11am-3pm inclusive
*Tower tours only
Please note, there are three steps down to the Chapter House.
Please note booking is advised for tower tours and children must be aged 7+. Bookings should be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your preferred date, time and party size.
Full tours, which include The Archbishop’s Palace and gardens will take just over 1 hour. Separate Bell Tower tours will take approximately 1 hour.
Minster tours - £3 adults, £2 children (FREE on 12 September)
Bell Tower tours - £6 adults, £3 children**
**aged 14 and under and must be accompanied by an adult. Please note that children must be aged 7 or over for the Bell Tower tours
As an added treat, The Historic Library will also be open on the three Bank Holiday Mondays between 10.30am – 3pm. Please note that The Historic Library is only accessible via a flight of stairs.
For more information on general tours and tower tours, please download our Open Day flyer here.Southwell Minster Open Days 2020