Theatre, Exhibitions, Talks and More
The Minster hosts a range of events throughout the year, many of them are free of charge whilst some are provided as a means of fundraising for the numerous things we need to do to maintain the Minster and to keep it free for all those who visit us. Throughout the year we aim to have a balanced programme of events that we hope will appeal to a wide range of people.
Do have a look at the events calendar which we hope will inspire you to come to a talk, a concert, or to spend some time in the Minster or is gardens. Whatever you decide to do you can be sure of a warm and friendly welcome.
Macbeth, Saturday 24 July.
Back by popular demand! The HandleBards return for their hilarious take on Macbeth - for more information click here
Suffering Man, 17 Feb – 3 Apr 2021
Jean Lamb's sculpture reflects the place for sorrow of our world, whilst calling to mind the suffering of Christ - for more information click here
The Leaves of the Tree, 11 May – 6 June 2021
A reflective memorial to the effects of the Coronavirus pandemic and consisting of 5,000 individually carved leaves - for more information click here
Farewell to all that, Sunday 8 August – Sunday 12 September 2021
Renowned sculptor Peter Eugene Ball's final exhibition - for more information click here
Forthcoming Special Events
- Exploring the interpretation of the Project on April 27, 2021 5:00pm
- Annual Parochial Church Meeting (APCM) 2021 on April 27, 2021 7:30pm
- Exploring the theological connection to the leaves on May 4, 2021 2:00pm
- Hopeful Words/Hurting World – Bible Seminar – Nahum on May 9, 2021 7:30pm
- The Leaves of the Trees on May 11, 2021
- The Layout of the church at Southwell: methods, practical problems, and ritual and religious aims on May 18, 2021 2:00pm
- Hopeful Words/Hurting World – Bible Seminar – Habbakuk on June 20, 2021 7:30pm
- Macbeth on July 24, 2021 6:30pm
- Hopeful Words/Hurting World – Bible Seminar – Zephaniah on July 25, 2021 7:30pm
- Sculptor Peter Eugene Ball announces his final exhibition – “Farewell to all that” on August 8, 2021
- Farewell To All That – Peter Eugene Ball’s final exhibition on August 8, 2021
- Plant Hunters’ Fair on August 8, 2021 11:00am